UPDATE to DND senior appointments, promotions
12 JULY 2019 PROMOTIONS UPDATE
After distinguished service to Canada, Lieutenant-General P.F. Wynnyk, Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, will retire from service on 9 August, resulting in the following promotions and appointments:
- Lieutenant-General J.M. Lanthier will be appointed Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, replacing LGen P.F. Wynnyk.
- Lieutenant-General W.D. Eyre will be appointed Commander Canadian Army, replacing Lieutenant-General J.M. Lanthier.
- Rear-Admiral H.C. Edmundson will be promoted to the rank of Vice-Admiral and will be appointed Commander Military Personnel Command, replacing Lieutenant-General W.D. Eyre.
- Major-General S.J.R. Whelan will be appointed Deputy Commander Military Personnel Command, replacing Rear-Admiral H.C. Edmundson.
- Brigadier-General J.R.M. Gagné will be promoted to Major-General and will be appointed Chief Military Personnel Strategic Programs, replacing Major-General S.J.R. Whelan.
- Colonel F.G. Carpentier will be promoted acting while so employed to the rank of Brigadier-General and appointed as Commander 2 Canadian Division and Joint Task Force (East), in Montreal QC, replacing Brigadier-General M.A.J. Carignan.
Click here for the complete list of Senior promotions announced in February 2019.
Click here for the complete list of Colonel and Captain(N) promotions announced in March 2019.